The Family Link was established on November 20, 2003 as a non-profit organization in Texas.
The Family Link‘s mission is to empower economically disadvantaged persons who are disabled, including youth and elderly, and their families to improve their quality of life.
The Family Link provides these free, culturally competent bilingual services:
- information and referral services;
- emotional support groups;
- education in special education law and different disabilities;
- transition planning, including person centered planning;
- life skills training, advocacy for the disadvantaged;
- and sign language.
Services are available to any person who is disabled, resides in a county included in Region 13 Educational Center, and is economically disadvantaged.
Our Success Stories